We hold high standards for our ingredients. When creating recipes, our focus is on achieving the best balance between nutrition and taste, using the least amount of ingredients possible. You’ll never find a long list of unfamiliar ingredients when you read our ingredient statements, like you will with other food companies.
If other food companies posted pictures of every single ingredient in their recipes, you might not like what you see…
Scroll over each ingredient to learn more.
- The ingredient that inspired our company name. After explaining sunflower seed butter as a nut-free alternative to peanut butter to so many people, it clicked - Alternutive!
- Used to re-create the taste of peanut butter for anyone with a nut allergy or anyone who wants to try an alternative to peanut butter
- We use sunflower seed butter made from 100% roasted sunflower seeds, no added sugar or salt
- The main source of protein in our snack bars
- Loaded with nutrients such as vitamin E, selenium, magnesium, linoleic fatty acids, and plant compounds
- Also the main source of healthy fat in our snack bars
- Healthy fat? Fat is one of three essential macronutrients our bodies need along with protein and carbohydrates